SEO Account Executive
We are a small but fast growing independent agency that service the world’s leading luxury and premium clients, across all media channels. Reporting to your SEO Account Manager, we are looking for an SEO Account Executive to work on some of our most prestigious accounts.
You will be supporting 3 to 4 client relationships, supporting the roadmap of SEO deliverables demonstrating passion to deliver work of an outstanding standard and drive excellent performance for your clients. You will use your technical and analytical skills to support your Account Manager deliver outstanding insight, with a keen eye for detail ensuring recommendations for our client’s websites are best in class and deliver real performance improvements.
You will be joining a team at various levels of expertise, with a real opportunity to learn from those around you, boosting your career prospects and professional development. You will be bringing your own technical experience and ability, and in time expected to lift the wider team with your gained knowledge. As part of our Product Ambassador scheme, the department has experts in key areas of SEO, and on induction you will be given your own role to become a leader on a topic within the team, giving you an opportunity to become an expert in your chosen topic and lift the wider team.
The SEO department at Verb works around a core goal of delivering an outstanding SEO product for our clients, structured around a strong vision provided by the Head of SEO about how SEO is delivered. You will be within a supportive and collaborative environment designed to equip you with the confidence to deliver outstanding work.
We are an informal team where you are enabled to thrive without hand-holding: instead you will be provided with strategic direction and vision to deliver work for your clients with your own expertise and personality. You are expected to push your own learning and ability: Working with your Account Manager will work towards agreed goals and milestones to push your professional development forward. Within SEO we have multiple area experts and well-developed product lines which mean you will always have resources to help you.
To be successful in this role will require a keen interest in search marketing and an appetite to continually self-learn and keep up to date in a fast-changing industry. The role is well suited to a self-starter who is keen on taking on responsibility and ownership and prides in their ability to advance their ability every week: They will have an inquisitive and curious mind with a passion for problem solving. Effective team-working is important: The successful candidate must be able to collaborate with others and be flexible to tackle the wide range of challenges that face a busy digital team, lifting those around them to be better with their enthusiasm and passion.
You will have the opportunity to work across multiple verticals and to manage and develop your career under the guidance of your Account Manager and the Head of SEO. A yearly training budget will apply, allowing you to pick a training scheme of your choosing to grow your career and ability.
- Your key objectives will include:
- Technical optimisation of client website content and site architecture
- Execution and measurement of outreach across your accounts
- Supporting the creative process on your accounts
- Generating high quality links for your clients through outreach
- Keeping up to date with latest SEO initiatives and applying these learnings to your work
- Working within the agency to first learn our tools and technical capabilities, then improve them
- Identifying gaps and opportunities based on keyword and backlink analysis
- Supporting on technical audits and driving the subsequent recommendations for clients
- Producing monthly SEO reports and creating insightful next steps and information as required for the client
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEO technology, SEO updates and industry changes
- Learning best practice use of tools such as Google Analytics, Moz, STAT and Screaming Frog amongst others.
After 12 months you will be achieving:
- Work being delivered is of an outstanding standard, with best in class SEO driving strong ROI for clients and taking on some ownership of client management from your Account Manager
- Increasing client communication and exposure, becoming a confident communicator in front of clients
- Contributing to a rollout of a significant improvement to one or more core sections of the SEO service line
- Regularly contributing to wider team initiatives and on SEO Friday sessions
- Comfortably contributing to client presentations and calls
- Contributing meaningfully to SEO strategy on your account
- Able to provide guidance to new team members of the VERB approach and regularly lifting those around you in the wider team
Our people are at the heart of what we do and we ensure any new team member can demonstrate that they:
- Have some technical experience, which can be a scientific degree, web design or dev experience, data manipulation, or experience working on the SEO of a website
- Some experience working in a web-specific role or project
- Proven ability to timely manage responsibilities and organisation skills
- Ability to handle technical challenges
- Self-motivator, enjoys problem-solving and coming up with fresh solutions to questions
- Some understanding of SEO
- Enthusiastic desire to continually learn and develop personal skills
- Proactive in nature, taking great personal pride in the quality of work you deliver
- An eye for detail with an analytical approach to problem solving
- A collaborative approach to work and a team-player
- Outgoing nature with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Like getting creative with content ideas and approaches to problems
- High degree of autonomy in a role that has potential to grow as the company grows
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- £500 contribution to personal development / gym membership via our Mind Body & Soul initiative
- Medical Cash plan
- We reward loyalty in our teams with an option to take a sabbatical at two and four years service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Core hours
- Family friendly policies
- 3% Pension
- Free coffee, tea and fruit
- Free beers every Friday
- Free breakfast all week
- Perkbox account
- Quarterly socials