SEO Account Director
SEO Account Director
We are a small but fast growing independent agency that service the world’s leading luxury and premium clients, across all media channels. Reporting directly to the Head of SEO, we are looking for a SEO Account Director to direct some of our most prestigious accounts.
You will direct the delivery of SEO to your clients by Account Managers within your team, demonstrating passion to deliver work of an outstanding standard and drive excellent performance for your client portfolio. You will use your strategic and management skills to empower your team to deliver award-winning work and strengthen client relationships. You will be trusted, with the guidance of the Head of SEO, to own your client relationships, spotting and converting up-sell and cross-sell opportunities. You will be bringing your expertise into a team at varying knowledge levels and will be expected to lift the wider team with your knowledge, ability and enthusiasm.
The SEO department at Verb works around a core goal of delivering an outstanding SEO product for our clients, structured around a strong vision provided by the Head of SEO about how SEO is delivered. You will be a key part of a supportive and collaborative environment designed to equip the team with the confidence and ability to deliver outstanding work.
We are an informal team where you are enabled to thrive without hand-holding: Instead you will be provided with strategic direction and vision to deliver an approach for your clients and trusted to apply your own expertise and personality. Within SEO we have multiple topic experts and well-developed product lines which mean you will always have resources to help you – as part of our Product Ambassador scheme, the department has experts in all key areas of SEO, and on induction you will be given your own role to become an expert leader on a topic within the team.
To be successful in this role will require a keen interest in search marketing and an appetite to continually learn and keep up to date in a fast-changing industry. You must be a leader with a strong vision on how to deliver quality performance-focused SEO: Within the role you will need to inspire your team by leading from the front. The role is well suited to a hands-on self-starter who thrives on taking responsibility and ownership and prides in their ability to advance their skills every week: You will have an inquisitive and curious mind with a passion for problem solving. Effective team-working is important: The successful candidate must be able to collaborate with others and be flexible to tackle the wide range of challenges that face a busy digital team, lifting those around them to be better SEOs.
You will have the opportunity to work across multiple verticals and to manage and develop Account Managers under your guidance. You will be responsible for the professional development of your team, through regular one to ones applying our structured development approach. A yearly training budget will apply, allowing you to pick a training scheme of your choosing to grow your career and ability, and those within your team.
Your key objectives will include:
- Formulation of results-driven SEO strategies on your accounts
- Directing strategy with close involvement on high-importance accounts
- Achieving outstanding client satisfaction scores for your client portfolio
- Ownership of several key account relationships within the SEO team
- Technical ability to guide and train your team in applying best-in-class SEO to their accounts
- Hands-on approach to lead your team from the front
- Lifting your team to achieve their professional goals and achieve promotions for your team
- Keeping up to date with latest SEO initiatives and applying these learnings to your team approach
- Working within the agency to develop our tools and technical capabilities
- Identifying gaps and opportunities in our SEO product service to improve account delivery across the department
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEO technology, SEO updates and industry changes
- Ensuring best practice use of tools such as Google Analytics, Moz, STAT and Screaming Frog amongst others
- Successfully uses cross channel knowledge to lead the client relationship, upsell and support the cross-channel strategy development.
After 12 months you will be achieving:
- 90% client satisfaction scores on your client portfolio
- 90% of client billable hours retained
- Work being delivered by your team is of an outstanding standard, with best in class SEO driving strong ROI for clients
- Your team are motivated and confidently achieving their personal and professional goals with your guidance
- Your team are contributing to wider team initiatives and involved in Friday training sessions
- Contributing to significant client wins and incoming new business
- Rollout of a significant improvement to one or more core sections of the SEO service line
- Full grasp of account utilisation to ensure clients are receiving adequate servicing hours
Our people are at the heart of what we do and we ensure any new team member can demonstrate that they:
- Lead on SEO campaigns in several verticals
- Wealthy experience working in an SEO specific role
- Outgoing nature with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage significant responsibilities across multiple accounts & apply strategic vision to each
- Proven ability to manage multiple members of staff, empowering them to be better professionals and deliver fantastic work
- Proven ability to handle complex technical SEO challenges through to delivery
- Proven ability to handle tricky client situations for the best of all parties
- Proven ability to manage stress and coach others to become better professionals
- Self-motivator, confident in problem-solving and enjoys coming up with fresh solutions to questions and can empower others in their approach
- Outstanding understanding of SEO, regularly putting together actionable and impactful roadmaps with vision and strategy
- Enthusiastic desire to continually learn and develop personal skills
- Proactive in nature, taking great personal pride in the quality of work you oversee
- An eye for detail with an analytical approach to problem solving
- A collaborative approach to work, a team-player who can be flexible to support business needs
- Regularly providing firm recommendations to senior clients with confidence
- Enjoy getting creative with content ideas and approaches to problems