Senior SEO Account Manager
We are a small but fast growing independent agency that service the world’s leading luxury and premium clients, across all media channels. Reporting directly to the Head of SEO, we are looking for a Senior SEO Account Manager to lead some of our most prestigious accounts, with the opportunity to move into an SEO Account Director role.
You will take ownership of 3 to 5 client relationships, owning and delivering the roadmap of SEO deliverables demonstrating passion to deliver work of an outstanding standard and drive excellent performance for your clients. You will use your strategic and analytics skills to design the SEO roadmap with items tailored to boost the client’s organic search performance and ROI whilst building an excellent client relationship. You will be trusted, with the guidance of the Head of SEO, to use your skills to communicate directly with the client on performance and strategic approach and deliver work and retain your accounts year after year.
The SEO department at Verb works around a core goal of delivering an outstanding SEO product for our clients, structured around a strong vision provided by the Head of SEO about how SEO is delivered. You will be within a supportive and collaborative environment designed to equip you with the confidence to deliver outstanding work.
To be successful in this role will require a keen interest in search marketing and an appetite to continually learn and keep up to date in a fast-changing industry. The role is well suited to a self-starter who thrives on taking responsibility and ownership and prides in their ability to advance their ability every week: They will have an inquisitive and curious mind with a passion for problem solving. Effective team-working is important: The successful candidate must be able to collaborate with others and be flexible to tackle the wide range of challenges that face a busy digital team, and lifting those around them to be better SEOs. As a Senior Account Manager you will be expected to bring expertise to the team, taking leadership on product areas to improve the SEO product for the whole team.
You will have the opportunity to work across multiple verticals and to manage and develop Executives under your guidance. A yearly training budget will apply, allowing you to pick a training scheme of your choosing to grow your career and ability.
Your key objectives will include:
- Formulation and execution of results driven SEO strategies on your accounts
- Content strategy creation and implementation
- Ownership of several key accounts within the SEO team
- Leading on internal training streams, lifting the team with your expertise
- Technical optimisation of client content and site architecture
- Planning, execution, and measurement outreach strategy across your accounts
- Managing the creative production process on your accounts
- Generating high quality links for your clients
- Keeping up to date with latest SEO initiatives and applying these learnings to your work
- Working within the agency to develop our tools and technical capabilities
- Identifying gaps and opportunities based on keyword and backlink analysis
- Directing technical and content audits and driving the subsequent recommendations
- Directing monthly SEO reports and creating insightful next steps and information as required for the client
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEO technology, SEO updates and industry changes
- Ensuring best practice use of tools such as Google Analytics, Moz, STAT and Screaming Frog amongst others.
After 12 months you will be achieving:
- 90% client satisfaction scores for your clients, demonstrating strong client retention skills
- Work being delivered is of an outstanding standard, with best in class SEO driving strong ROI for clients
- Contributing regularly to client wins and incoming new business
- Leading a rollout of a significant improvement to one or more core sections of the SEO service line
- Leading on wider team initiatives and on SEO Friday sessions
- Comfortably leading client presentations and calls, and helping others improve their presentation skills
- Comfortably leading on SEO strategy, and helping others formulate SEO strategy on their accounts
- Able to provide guidance to new team members of the VERB approach and regularly lifting those around you in the wider team
Our people are at the heart of what we do and we ensure any new team member can demonstrate that they:
- Lead SEO campaigns in several verticals
- Wealthy experience working in an SEO specific role
- Commercial experience of P&L and overseeing retainer hours and delivery
- Proven ability to manage significant responsibilities across multiple accounts & apply strategic vision to each
- Proven ability to handle complex technical SEO challenges through to delivery
- Self-motivator, confident in problem-solving and enjoys coming up with fresh solutions to questions
- Outstanding understanding of SEO, and can put together actionable and impactful roadmaps with vision and strategy that deliver ROI
- Enthusiastic desire to continually learn and develop personal skills
- Proactive in nature, taking great personal pride in the quality of work you deliver
- An eye for detail with an analytical approach to problem solving
- A collaborative approach to work, a team-player who can be flexible to support business needs
- Outgoing nature with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Can provide firm recommendations to senior clients with confidence and self-belief
- Like getting creative with content ideas and approaches to problems