Senior SEO Account Manager
We are hiring for TWO Senior SEO Account Managers – one 12 month maternity cover and one permanent opportunity – apply now!
We are a small but fast growing independent agency that service the world’s leading luxury and premium clients, across all media channels. Reporting directly to the SEO Account Director, we are looking for an SEO Senior Account Manager as maternity cover for 12 months to lead some of our most prestigious accounts. There is also an opportunity for this role to become a full-time role at the end of the contract period.
You will take ownership of 4 to 5 client relationships, owning and delivering the roadmap of SEO deliverables, demonstrating passion to deliver work of an outstanding standard and drive excellent performance for your clients. You will use your strategic and analytics skills to expand the SEO roadmap with items tailored to boost the client’s organic search performance and ROI whilst building an excellent client relationship.
Your main client account will be a well-known pharmaceutical brand with a large e-commerce website. The site has recently successfully migrated, and the main objective will be to continue to grow this brand’s organic share of voice in a competitive market, driving revenue and identifying new areas or opportunities to generate additional organic traffic. Other clients that you will be accountable for sit predominantly within the fashion industry, with a key focus on luxury and premium.
The SEO department at VERB works around a core goal of delivering an outstanding SEO product for our clients. You will be within a supportive and collaborative environment designed to equip you with the confidence to deliver outstanding work. As Senior Account Manager, we will be looking for someone who will help contribute to this environment, by delivering outstanding results for clients, developing the skillset of other team members and sharing knowledge with the wider agency.
To be successful in this role the candidate will have a keen interest in search marketing and an appetite to continually learn and keep up to date in a fast-changing industry. The role is well suited to a self-starter who thrives on taking responsibility, ownership and prides themself on advancing their ability. They will have an inquisitive and curious mind with a passion for problem solving. Effective team-working is important; the successful candidate must be able to collaborate with others and be flexible to tackle the wide range of challenges that face a busy digital team whilst sharing their knowledge to develop the other SEOs. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple verticals, whilst managing and developing Executives.
Your key objectives will include:
- Leading on client communications and formulation and execution of results on several key accounts that you will own
- Management of team resource alongside training, development and day-to-day people management of junior staff members
- Developing SEO strategies across technical, on-page and off-page SEO that are best suited to your client’s requirements and where opportunities have been identified
- Producing weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports for clients, including insights into performance, results from the work conducted and next steps
- Working on new business development as well as upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Involved in developing a training programme alongside the SEO Account Director and Account Managers for new team members and to upskill the wider agency
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEO technology, updates and industry changes and ensuring best practice of tools such as Google Analytics, STAT, Screaming Frog etc
After some time in the role you will be achieving:
- 90% client satisfaction scores for your clients
- Work being delivered is of an outstanding standard, with best in class SEO driving strong ROI for clients
- Contributing regularly to client wins and incoming new business
- Contributing to a rollout of a significant improvement to one or more core sections of the SEO service line
- Regularly contributing to wider team initiatives and on SEO Friday sessions
- Comfortably leading client presentations and calls
- Comfortably leading on SEO strategy
- Able to provide guidance to new team members of the VERB approach and regularly lifting those around you in the wider team
Our people are at the heart of what we do and we ensure any new team member can demonstrate that they are:
- Take ownership
- Take pride in their work
For this role, you must also demonstrate that you are:
- Identifying solutions to problems and new opportunities
- Delivering expert advice tailored to the client’s goals and requirements
- Collaborative and a team player who can be flexible to support business needs
- Able to lead a team and develop team members skill sets
- Calm under pressure & able to handle multiple projects at once
- Personable and able to build positive relationships with both the internal team and clients
- Proud of the work you are delivering to clients
- Self-motivated and always challenging yourself to develop
- High degree of autonomy in a role that has potential to grow as the company grows
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays, with the option to buy an extra 5 days
- £500 contribution to personal development / gym membership via our Mind Body & Soul initiative
- Contribution towards glasses, physio and more via our Medical Cash Plan
- Discounts on entertainment, shopping, food, fitness and free phone insurance via your personal perkbox account
- Cycle to work scheme
- Core hours meaning you can flex your working day to suit your lifestyle
- Family friendly policies to support working parents
- 3% Pension
- Free beers every Friday
- Free breakfast all week
- Quarterly socials
- And finally, we reward loyalty in our teams with the option to take a two month sabbatical at two and four years service
We’re in the midst of an incredibly exciting time here at Verb. Come join us in creating a team of amazing and exceptional people, helping the world’s top luxury brands build amazing and exceptional products.
If you are interested in any of our roles, please apply through this website. If you have any questions about us, get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.