Work-life balance is a must! We want you rested and firing on all cylinders when you’re here, so we make sure to keep your workload manageable. Whilst occasionally you might need to stay a few extra hours a week to help out with big projects we will make sure you’re fed and looked after and still go home at a reasonable time.
If you want to spend time with a great team, enhance your career and have fun while taking part in some amazing projects, we’re the place to be. You’ll work with our Lead Developer and improve the development team and receive commercial experience that will be focused around technology and the growth of the technology side of the business.
Alongside our wordpress skills we love to explore new technologies, including a few we have been using recently Vagrant, Elasticsearch, React and React Native and Ionic 2 Framework for app development.
- ● Excellent experience with WordPress.
- ● Excellent experience with WooCommerce.
- ● Excellent experience writing clean, semantic HTML5.
- ● Excellent experience writing well organised, maintainable CSS.
- ● Solid experience working from design mockups.
- ● Proficient Photoshop skills for development needs.
- ● Mobile and responsive design knowledge.
- ● Understanding of front-end performance optimisation techniques.
- ● Knowledge of version control systems, in particular Mercurial and/or Git.
- ● Experience with CSS pre-processors, in particular Less and Sass/SCSS
- ● Experience writing object-oriented PHP code, in particular the use of “full-stack” MVC frameworks like Laravel.
- ● Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, Glacier, SES, SQS and Route 53.
- ● Knowledge of Linux systems, in particular CentOS.
- ● iOS and Android development experience.
- ● Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs.
● Encourage standard development environments and workflows
● Help the Lead developer optimise all technical processes to ensure documentation is accurate and up to date
● Working on the back end of websites and training those more junior to understand the process
● Developing new features for our websites
● Integrating with third-party APIs
● Front end development
● Assisting the producer with technical specifications and project viability / planning
● Debugging and resolving issues
● Improving test coverage, procedure and documentation