Digital Project Manager
Verb has established itself as a top luxury digital agency based in London, and is best known for providing highly personalised digital experiences, with persona-based website design, eCommerce development, conversion rate optimisation, search marketing and content campaigns. Verb makes sure that their clients’ websites and mobile applications are targeted and optimised for the right customer groups that will result in the highest conversion and ROI. Working with many recognised national and international brands ranging from SME’s to large scale global brands.
As a critical member of our team, you will be in charge of managing all development through the South Africa team, managing the workflow of the development team and ensuring the quality is of the highest standard.
The Digital Project Manager plays an integral role alongside the account management team and Producer / Strategy team in owning and delivering the best service for our clients.
As the Digital Project Manager you will be accountable for driving the successful delivery of the South African studio and ensuring optimal delivery methods are adopted for maximum benefit and efficiency.
You will manage the development aspect of projects from start to finish, ensuring they are within the time and resource budgeted.
- Plans all projects end to end and works with the Head of Production to decide workflow
- Communicates project plans and job statuses to clients and Account Managers
- Defines project team (internally and externally).
- Scheduling and direction of team.
- Foresees and solves problems around delivery issues.
- Ensures project documentation is signed and project stages or jobs are formally signed off.
- Monitors and manages performance of developers and scrutinises timesheets with PMO Admin weekly.
- Focused on pushing as much revenue through the P&L and utilisation.
- Advises Head of Talent and HR on +ve/-ve resourcing requirements at least two months ahead of requirements (this requires regular communication with Head of Sales to analyse the pipeline).
- Daily communications with developers, designers and other members of the delivery team to ensure they are on track
- Initiate short daily Pod meetings with producer and account manager to discuss:
- Status of projects and any major blockers / issues with proposed solutions
- Any Specification clarification points (can be taken offline with producer if too detailed)
- Reprioritise projects with account manager where necessary
- Detailed discussions with producer around implementation detail before and during writing a specification
- Daily updates of master schedule
- Emergency meetings with Business Analyst if Specification has lack of clarity for any reason
- Send/share updated project plans and updated lists of all tasks to Pod, and then client on a daily or, at least, weekly basis (discretion advised based on client preference and scope of update)
- Send project reports, job reports and release emails to the business
- Project plans (GANTT charts or other)
- Lists of modules and tasks, with who they are allocated to, when they
will be done, estimated and actual time.
- Real-time project blocker/solution alerts
- Project stage sign off sheets
- Weekly (summary) project and job financial reports to business
- Weekly (detailed) project financial reports to business
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of software, in particular JIRA Cloud, Service Desk and Capture
- Customer and commercial background
- Team management and third party governance
- In-depth experience of delivering websites, eCommerce and marketing campaigns to technical and creative specifications
- Experience reporting on production
- Ability to manage, support multiple projects and people
- Thinks in ‘person-day terms’ not ‘money terms’
- Positive, proactive, thrives on deadlines and change & motivates others
- Previous management experience of a junior project manager