£50-70k (dependent on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Verb is a Digital Marketing Agency that specialises in building websites, eCommerce platforms and mobile apps and conducting digital marketing, including SEO, PPC, Social and influencer for the luxury market.
It has established itself as a top UK digital agency based in London and is best known. Verb makes sure that their clients’ websites and mobile applications are targeted and optimised for the right customer groups that will result in the highest conversion and ROI. Working with many recognised national and international brands ranging from SME’s to large scale global brands.
We are looking for a lead developer; with strong skills in front-end developer, WordPress and WooCommerce join our team based in Shoreditch. You will be helping us with a wide variety of projects, working on websites for national and global brands. You will be working with clients such as the Corbin & King portfolio including The Wolseley, Sunseeker, Daylesford, Liz Earle, Mustique, Beulah London, Galvan London and many more.
What you’ll get:
If you want to spend time with a great team, enhance your career and have fun while taking part in some amazing projects, we’re the place to be. You’ll work with the directors to lead and improve the development team and receive commercial experience that will be focused around technology and the growth of the technology side of the business.
Alongside our wordpress skills, we’re keen to build on our magento experience and bring this into being a main focus for the business and continue to explore new technologies, including a few we have been using recently Vagrant, Elasticsearch, React and React Native and Ionic 2 Framework for app development.
- Excellent experience with WordPress.
- Excellent experience with WooCommerce.
- Excellent experience writing clean, semantic HTML5.
- Excellent experience writing well organised, maintainable CSS.
- Solid experience working from design mockups.
- Proficient Photoshop skills.
- Mobile and responsive design work.
- Understanding of front-end performance optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of version control systems, in particular Mercurial and/or Git.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors, in particular Less and Sass/SCSS.
- Experience writing object-oriented PHP code, in particular the use of “full-stack” MVC frameworks like Laravel.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, Glacier, SES, SQS and Route 53.
- Knowledge of Linux systems, in particular CentOS.
- iOS and Android development experience.
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs.
Leadership Responsibilities alongside the directors:
- Leading the development team day to day
- Ensuring the quality of the work that is handed to QA process
- Solid security policy and processes
- Pair programming
- Development Operations
- Mentorship of more junior developers
- Support escalations both internally and externally
- Technical direction of the company
- Client technical strategy
- Suitable documentation for developer onboarding of all levels
Hands on Responsibilities:
- Encourage standard development environments and workflows
- Work on the team morale and interest in development
- Review and optimise all technical processes to ensure documentation is accurate and up to date
- Developing new features
- Integrating with third party APIs
- WordPress back end development
- Front end development
- Assisting the producer with technical specifications and project viability / planning
- To support production team with live projects and to support sales and marketing to understand client requirements
- Debugging and resolving issues
- Improving test coverage, procedure and documentation