Job Description: SEO Account Manager
Verb are looking for an experienced SEO Account Manager to join our rapidly growing SEO team. We’re searching for an Organic Search specialist with a proven track record of creating and implementing successful SEO campaigns for clients. You will need to be confident in all aspects of SEO; technical, content, and link acquisition. As an agency we focus on delivering results that go beyond our clients’ expectations. We have a large roster of clients that operate in the luxury niche across many interesting verticals. Verb offers its clients integrated SEO, PPC, and Social Media solutions with strong data analysis. We are a creative, fun, ambitious digital marketing agency looking for a talented SEO professional who wants to be part of a close-knit SEO team.
Reports to: Head of SEO
Joining Verb is a great opportunity to work in an agency that is growing rapidly and works with some of the best brands in the luxury and premium market. The growth we’ve seen over the past 18 months has been phenomenal not just for the SEO team but the company as a whole. Our clients range from market leaders in their industries to small luxury businesses with a strong focus on brand positioning and delivering high quality products and services to their customers.
We’re constantly growing our client book as we’re winning a lot of new business working with some of the best luxury businesses in the UK and globally. This keeps our work interesting as we always have new challenges and new markets to operate in.
We have an in-house design and development team which means we can implement onsite changes instantly, rather than waiting for developers to get back to us weeks later to make the smallest of changes. This helps us achieve results for our clients faster than most other agencies.
We’re a young company with lots of socialising after work. We love doing fun activities together in the evenings as a team and our founder Chris Donnelly believes in having the perfect culture at work, so you love coming in every day.
Work life balance is a must! We want you rested and firing on all cylinders when you’re here, so we make sure to keep your workload manageable. Whilst occasionally you might need to stay a few extra hours a week to help out with big projects we will make sure you’re fed and looked after and still go home at a reasonable time.
We have excellent company benefits, as well as a Perkbox account to keep the cost of life down in London.
WHY OUR ROLE?
We use the best tools, we’ve got some of the best expertise in the industry, we’re growing rapidly, and we believe in developing you to your full potential. The SEO team operates as a team with everyone’s input listened to no matter what your job title is. We work in a creative industry and we want everyone’s thoughts and input as much as possible. The team operates with a flat structure and you’ll be given full responsibility over your work and the team members that report into you.
We’ve got some of the most exciting clients going, where you’ll be able to use your skills and implement your creative ideas to their full potential. We work with clients in fashion, food, property, hotels, hospitality, beauty and many more sectors. Plus we’re always adding new clients and industries to that list.
Our SEO team are some of the best people in the industry to work with and they will help you develop your career further and achieve success. You’ll be responsible for your clients’ strategies and driving results for them. We always reward success and hard work so it’s down to you to drive results for your clients.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Ownership of a number of key accounts within the SEO team.
- Formulation and execution of results driven SEO strategies on your accounts.
- Content strategy creation and implementation.
- Technical optimisation of client content and site architecture.
- Planning, execution, and measurement outreach strategy across your accounts.
- Managing the creative production process on your accounts.
- Generating high quality links for your clients.
- Keeping up to date with latest SEO initiatives and applying these learnings to your work.
- Working within the agency to develop our tools and technical capabilities.
- Identifying gaps and opportunities based on keyword and backlink analysis, and informing the relevant teams accordingly.
- Supporting the team with on-going audits and driving the subsequent recommendations.
- Producing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc SEO (and related) reports and management information as required.
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEO technology, SEO updates and industry changes.
- Ensuring best practice use of tools such as Google Analytics, Hitwise, Moz, BrightEdge, DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog, IIS SEO Toolkit amongst others.
HOW CAN YOU EXCEL IN THIS ROLE?
To be successful in this role will require a keen interest in search marketing and an appetite to continually learn and keep up to date in a fast-changing industry.
The role is well suited to a self-starter who thrives on taking responsibility and ownership. An inquisitive and curious mind with a passion for problem solving. Effective team-working is crucial, the successful candidate must be able to collaborate with others and be flexible to tackle the wide range of challenges that face a busy digital team.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in an SEO specific role.
- Have managed SEO campaigns in a number of verticals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts & apply strategic thinking to each.
- Proven ability to handle complex technical SEO challenges through to a solution.
- Excellent content skills and strategy.
- Proven track record in your ability to generate quality links.
- A genuine interest in Search and the wider digital industry.
- An enthusiasm to continually learn and develop new skills.
- A proactive nature while taking great personal pride in the work you deliver.
- An eye for detail with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- A collaborative approach to work, a team-player who can be flexible to support business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who has the ability to use their own initiative and work on their own when required.
- Fun and full of creative ideas.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Excellent understanding of HTML, CSS, JS.
- Second language.
- An active professional digital presence, either through blogging, twitter or other social channels.
If you think this sounds like you then we can’t wait to hear from you! Please make sure you send us your CV and a short covering letter outlining why you think you’d be perfect for this role.