Verb is a great place to develop your existing SEO skills and add new skills to your arsenal. We’ve got very experienced senior members of the team who will develop your career and help you progress within SEO and digital marketing. We love hungry and ambitious people who want to own the accounts they work on with the account manager and show the team what they can do with their SEO skills.
As an agency, we’re growing our client book and SEO team very quickly. We’re winning a lot of new business and working with some of the best luxury businesses in the country. We’re also expanding into working with high street and household names and this is another area of the business that is growing rapidly.
We have an in-house web design and development team which means we can implement onsite design (UX/UI) and functionality changes instantly rather than waiting for designers and developers to get back to us weeks later to make the smallest of changes. This allows us to achieve our clients’ SEO goals a lot faster than other agencies. It also means you get to develop other areas of knowledge surrounding websites and how they work. As you can ask our designers and developers anything you like.
We’re a young company with lots of socialising after work, we love doing fun activities together in the evenings as a team and our founder Chris Donnelly believes in having the perfect culture at work so you love coming in every day. When stuff is tough at work it’s the team that pulls you through and it’s why no problem is too big for us to deal with. We’ve always got each other’s backs.
Work life balance is a must! We want you rested and firing on all cylinders when you’re here so we keep your workload manageable and enjoyable. Whilst occasionally you might need to stay a few extra hours a week to help out with big projects, we will make sure you’re fed and looked after and still go home at a reasonable time.
We have excellent company benefits, as well as a perkbox account to keep the cost of life down in London. There’s plenty of free Friday drinks in the office and down the pub. We also have a salary sacrifice program in place to help mitigate the cost of cycling to work, buying new laptops and mobiles, as well as loads of other cool things.
WHY OUR ROLE?
We use the best tools, we’ve got some of the best expertise in the industry, we’re growing rapidly and we believe in developing you to your full potential. The SEO team operates as a team of equals, with everyone’s input listened to no matter what your job title is. We work in a creative industry and we want your thoughts and input as much as possible. The team operates as a flat structure and you’ll be given as much responsibility as possible.
We’ve got some of the most exciting clients going, where you’ll be able to ply your SEO skills and implement your creative ideas. We work with clients in fashion, perfume, food, property, hotels, lifestyle and many more sectors and we’re always adding new clients and industries to that list.
We’ve got some of the best people in the industry to further your knowledge of SEO. These same people will teach you how to put your creative ideas into real business proposals that benefit our clients and our business. You’ll be shown how to become an account manager as you share the account manager responsibilities with your line manager.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Using your best practice SEO skills and knowledge to benefit the client through technical SEO, outreach and backlink building, content creation/optimisation and social media.
- Supporting the team with on-going audits and driving the subsequent recommendations.
- Producing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc SEO (and related) reports and management information as required.
- Improving your existing SEO skills.
- Adding new SEO skills to your skillset.
- Helping junior members of the team and reviewing their work.
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEO technology, SEO updates and industry changes.
- Ensuring best practice SEO with use of tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Linkdex, Moz, Majestic, Screaming Frog, IIS SEO Toolkit, HotJar and others.
HOW CAN YOU EXCEL IN THIS ROLE?
To be successful in this role will require a keen interest in developing your career further in SEO and bringing your ideas, hunger, and ambition to work every day.
The role is well suited to a self-starter who thrives on taking responsibility and ownership. An inquisitive and curious mind with a passion for problem solving. Effective team-working is crucial, the successful candidate must be able to collaborate with others and be flexible to tackle the wide range of challenges that face a busy digital team.
- Good technical SEO understanding (we can show you how to implement it)
- Excellent outreach, backlink building and influencer marketing skills
- Excellent SEO content marketing skills: creation, optimisation, keyword research and mapping
- Good understanding of social media and its role within SEO and outreach
- Good understanding of Google Analytics and Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
- An enthusiasm to continually learn and develop new skills
- A proactive nature while taking great personal pride in the work you deliver
- An eye for detail with an analytical approach to problem solving
- A collaborative approach to work, a team-player who can be flexible to support business needs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who has the ability to use their own initiative and work on their own when required
- Good monthly report creation skills
Nice to have:
- Email marketing experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Google exam qualifications
If you think this sounds like you, then we can’t wait to hear from you! Please make sure you send us your CV and a short covering letter outlining why you think you’d be perfect for this role.